Starting school- September 2020
If you live in Worcestershire and your child was born between 1st September 2015 and 31st August 2016, you need to apply for a school place by 15th January 2020. For more information and to apply, visit: www.worcestershire.gov.uk/schooladmissions
Please note, Malvern Vale and Somers Park are separate application options so if you don’t mind which school you go to, please ensure you fill them out as preference 1 and 2. If you would like to visit Malvern Vale, please contact the school office- it’s already proving popular!
- Applications for Malvern Vale site are managed by Somers Park School.
- Applications are accepted for pupils who will be 5 between 01.09.2020 and 31.08.2021.
- Applications for Reception classes should be received by 15th January 2020.
- Late applications will receive a lower priority and only be considered following those received on time. Places will be allocated by the school admission panel consisting of three members of the Delegated Governing Committee, and be subject to the approval of the full Board of Directors.
- Malvern Vale Site published admission number is 30.
Where there is a multiple birth, the allocation of a place to one child will ensure all of that birth may attend. Where this takes place the school may exceed a class size of 30.
Places will be allocated for admission for pupils born on or between 1st September and 31st August of the following year.
In the event of over subscription, applicants will be given priority in accordance with the following criteria:
- Relevant “Looked After and Previously Looked After” children.
- Pupils with the presence of a sibling at Malvern Vale Site when the child will be admitted.
- Pupils who have a parent employed at the school.
- Pupils who live closest to Malvern Vale Site in a direct line from the school office
Due to COVID-19 please be aware that they have brought out new regulations regarding Admission Appeals.