Malvern Vale Catering have a rolling three week menu that offers a nutritionally balanced healthy meal throughout the week and having school meals Monday-Friday ensures that your child eats healthily every day. They believe that the school lumchtime is a great opportunity for all our children to sit down together and enjoy their healthy and tasty meal, while developing their social skills.
- Bread Available Daily
- Salad Selection includes Tomato, Cucumber, Lettuce, Peppers, Rice, Pasta and Coleslaw
- No added sugar in their homemade meals and any prepared meals are low sugar where possible (eg tinned fruits, beans, custard etc)
- Fresh Fruit and Yoghurts available daily.
To check the menu please folow this link..
Free School Meals
Follow this link for more information about Free School Meals and the Online Application Form → http://www.worcestershire.gov.uk/info/20062/schools/684/applying_for_free_school_meals/2
Who qualifies for universal infant Free school meals?
From September 2014 the government are introducing universal infant free school meals for all pupils in Reception, Years 1 and 2. In order for your child's school to recognise who is eligible for universal meals and who qualifies for free school meals for funding purposes we would encourage all parents to register with their school by completing an application form even if the child does not wish to receive a meal.
How do I apply for free school meals and / or universal free school meals?
If your child is in Reception, Year 1 or Year 2, an application form can be obtained from your child's school.
If your child is in Year 3 or above, you can complete an online Free School Meals Application Form.
What happens after I have completed my application?
- your eligibility for Free School Meals and / or Universal Free School Meals will be checked by your child's school
- if we receive your free school meals application form, eligibility will be checked online
- if you qualify for a Free School Meal under the benefit criteria, a letter will be sent to you confirming your Free School Meal Award
- your child or children's school will also be informed.
- contact your child's school to find out how your child's lunch will be served
- free School Meals cannot be granted to any child until either the school or ourselves have received a correctly completed form
- entitlement to free school meals cannot be backdated
- schools will know if your child qualifies for a Universal Infants Free School Meal
Who can apply for free school meals?
Free School Meals can only be awarded if you or your partner are claiming either;
- Universal Credit provided they have an annual net earned income not exceeding £7,400 (616.67 per month)
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseeker's Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part 6 of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The guarantee element of Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit, provided they are not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190, as assessed by HMRC
- Working Tax Credit run-on-paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax
What is pupil premium?
Pupil premium is extra money paid direct to schools for each child who is eligible for free school meals. It is used to support your child's education. Please apply for free schools meals if you are eligible so your school gets this money.